28/08/2025
SPORTS THURSDAY | AUG 28, 2025
FOLLOW
ON YOUTUBE
28
Malaysian Paper
/theSunMedia /
Ruthless Sinner World No. 1 begins US Open defence with quick win over Czech Vit J ANNIK SINNER allayed recent health concerns as he launched the defence of his US Open title yester day with a 6-1, 6-1, 6-2 win over about today’s performance.” Sinner entered Flushing Meadows a year ago in a cloud of controversy over doping allegations but the crowd was firmly on his side this time as he clinched victory with a beautiful backhand winner that just kissed the line.
‘Mentally exhausted’ Gauff struggles through
FORMER champion Coco Gauff stumbled into the second round of the US Open yesterday, squeezing past Australia’s Ajla Tomljanovic in an error-strewn three-hour battle. Third seed Gauff punched her ticket to the second round after overcoming a litany of self-inflicted errors to win 6-4, 6-7 (2-7), 7-5 in a match that lasted 2hr 57min. “It was a tough match. Ajla was tough, she was getting so many balls back,” 2023 US Open champion Gauff said. “It wasn’t the best but I’m happy to get through to the next round.” Gauff, the reigning French Open champion, had prepared for the US Open by shaking up her coaching team on the eve of the tournament in an effort to fix her shaky service game, replacing coach Matt Daly with Gavin MacMillan, a biomechanics specialist. However on the evidence of
yesterday, the 21-year-old American still has plenty to work on if she is to have any realistic chance of mounting a deep run in New York. “Honestly it’s been really tough, mentally exhausting,” Gauff said. “But I’m trying. It wasn’t the best today, but it was an improvement on last week (in Cincinnati); I’m just trying to improve with each match.” Explaining her decision to change her coaching team so close to the start of the tournament, she said she had wanted to move quickly to take advantage of MacMillan’s availability. “If I could have worked with Gavin earlier, I would have, but he was on the team of another player. Then he magically became available. “I knew I had to make a quick decision because I knew he would be pretty sought after. I think hopefully this time next year I’ll be serving much better.” – AFP
losing to Alcaraz in a fifth-set tie-break. After starting his US Open campaign in convincing fashion, Sinner was in no mood to hang about as he plans another deep run in New York. “I did learn that I just come to work and then get out of here, you know, because it can be very long at times,” he said. “It feels great to be back here. Obviously it’s a very special tournament,” he said when asked about returning to Flushing Meadows as defending champion. “I have amazing memories,” said Sinner, who has won his last 22 matches on hard courts at Grand Slams. “Every year is different and you come here starting this tournament hopefully in the best possible way, which I have done. “Coming back to a Grand Slam, where the emotions are still running – I’m very happy to come back here and compete against the best players in the world.” – AFP/Agencies
Czech world No. 89 Vit Kopriva. Top-ranked Sinner needed just an hour and 38 minutes to dispatch the 28 year-old Kopriva, who was appearing in the main draw at Flushing Meadows for the first time. Sinner’s preparations for the tournament suffered a setback last week when illness forced him to retire against Carlos Alcaraz in the first set of the Cincinnati Open final. But in a dispiriting blow to his rivals the 24-year-old appeared to be fully recovered as he dismantled Kopriva in a clinical display featuring seven breaks of his opponent’s serve. “I feel in a good shape physically. Has been some good practice days, especially last couple,” said Sinner. “I’m very happy that I’m healthy again. “We did our best to be in the best possible shape here. I’m very happy
The Italian is trying to become the first man to repeat as US Open champion since Roger Federer won five in a row from 2004-2008. It is the longest run without a successful men’s title defence of any Grand Slam tournament in the Open era. Sinner next plays Alexei Popyrin for a place in the third round. Popyrin condemned Novak Djokovic to his earliest Grand Slam exit since 2017 last year in New York. Sinner has won two of this season’s three Grand Slams, the Australian Open and Wimbledon, while also reaching the final of the French Open where he held three championship points before
‘Swiftie’ Swiatek swats Arango
Notices
Notices
322
322
AVOWED Taylor Swift super-fan Iga Swiatek romped through her US Open first round assignment yesterday
note of congratulations from the singer. Unsurprisingly, Swift’s looming nuptials dominated the discussion in Swiatek’s post-match press confer ence. The first nine questions to Swiatek from journalists related to Swift & Kelce’s engagement. “I’m just happy for her, because she deserves the best,” Swiatek said. Swiatek then detailed her bona fides as a “Swiftie” – the nickname given to Swift’s legions of fanatical fol lowers – revealing she first became a fan in 2014. “I just followed everything,” Swiatek said. “I was following her, but also some, like, fan pages to see the updates. Swiatek meanwhile said she was baffled by the “hate” directed at Swift. “I don’t get it, because she just makes our world better,” she said. When one reporter politely requested to ask a “non-Taylor ques tion”, Swiatek jokingly replied: “No.” Swiatek’s win yesterday made her the first woman in history to win 65 consecutive WTA-level first round games, surpassing Monica Seles’ pre vious record of 64. The six-time Grand Slam singles champion – a winner in New York in 2022 – will face the Netherlands’ Suzan Lamens in the second round. – AFP
IN THE HIGH COURT OF MALAYA AT PULAU PINANG COMPANIES (WINDING-UP) NO: PA-28NCC-56-04/2025 In the matter of Section 465(1) (c) & (h) of the Companies Act 2016
DALAM MAHKAMAH MAJISTRET DI KUALA KUBU BHARU DALAM NEGERI SELANGOR DARUL EHSAN GUAMAN NO: BF-A72NCVC-247-07/2025 MAJLIS PERBANDARAN HULU SELANGOR (MPHS) … PLAINTIF DAN
before offering con gratulations to the pop star following her engagement to Travis Kelce. Swiatek had
And
AROKIA DAS A/L ANTHONY (NO K/P : 611001-10-5481)
In the matter of YOUNG SHENG TRADING SDN. BHD. (Company No: 198901007332 (184635-X))
… DEFENDAN
NOTIS IKLAN
Kepada:
barely had time to leave the Arthur Ashe Stadium show court follow ing her 6-1, 6-2 drubbing of E m i l i a n a Arango before
BETWEEN
AROKIA DAS A/L ANTHONY B4-11-07, Pandan Mewah Height Condominium, Jalan Mewah, Pandan Mewah, 68000 Ampang, Selangor Darul Ehsan. AROKIA DAS A/L ANTHONY No. 6, Jalan Selasihsari 5, Perumahan Jalan Selasihsari , Bandar Sungai Buaya, 48010 Rawang, Selangor Darul Ehsan. AMBIL PERHATIAN
LIM SAW ENG (NRIC No: 490222-07-5062 / 2532305)
.....PETITIONER
AND
YOUNG SHENG TRADING SDN. BHD. (Company No: 198901007332 (184635-X)) .....RESPONDENT NOTICE OF WINDING-UP ORDER (Form 12) In the matter of YOUNG SHENG TRADING SDN. BHD. [Company No: 198901007332 (184635-X)]. Winding-up Order made on 18th day of June 2025.
bahawa satu Writ Saman dan Pernyataan Tuntutan telah dikeluarkan terhadap kamu dalam Mahkamah ini oleh MAJLIS PERBANDARAN HULU SELANGOR (MPHS) yang beralamat di Jalan Bukit Kerajaan, 44000 Kuala Kubu Bharu, Selangor Darul Ehsan dan Mahkamah telah memerintahkan supaya Writ Saman dan Pernyataan Tuntutan tersebut disampaikan kepada kamu dengan menampalkan salinan- salinannya beserta satu salinan yang dimeterai bagi Perintah untuk penyampaian ganti pada Papan Notis Mahkamah Majistret di Kuala Kubu Bharu, Selangor, menampal satu salinan Writ Saman bersama dengan Perintah tersebut ke alamat terakhir Defendan yang diketahui dan pengiklanan Perintah tersebut dalam satu keluaran akhbar tempatan ‘The Sun’ selama satu hari dan bahawa penampalan, pengeposan dan pengiklanan sedemikian dianggap sebagai penyampaian yang wajar dan mencukupi akan Writ Saman dan Pernyataan Tuntutan ini keatas kamu atas penamatan EMPAT BELAS (14) hari selepas tarikh terakhir penampalan dan pengiklanan tersebut. DAN SELANJUTNYA AMBIL NOTIS bahawa tarikh pengurusan kes Writ Saman dan Pernyataan Tuntutan tersebut telah ditetapkan di hadapan Majistret 22.09.2025 pada 9.00 pagi di dalam Pengurusan Kes secara eReview (dalam talian). Jika kamu berhasrat untuk menentang dan/atau membela diri,kamu mestilah dalam masa empat belas (14) hari dari tarikh penampalan dan pengiklanan tersebut menjadi sempurna, memohon kepada Mahkamah untuk memasukkan kehadiran di Mahkamah ini. Jika tidak, suatu Penghakiman boleh dikeluarkan terhadap kamu. Writ Saman dan Pernyataan Tuntutan ini boleh diperiksa oleh kamu dengan melalui permohonan kepada Mahkamah ini. …………………………………………. Penolong Pendaftar Mahkamah Majistret Kuala Kubu Bharu NOTIS IKLAN ini difailkan oleh TETUAN IBRAHIM & FUAADAH , Peguambela & Peguamcara bagi Plaintif yang beralamat di No.12F, Jalan Bidara 8, SU Mall, Saujana Utama 3,47000,Sungai Buloh,Selangor, No. tel:03- 6038 8164 /3031 emel:info@ ibrahimfuaadah.my Ruj fail : IF/1/1547/6825/MPHS(fft) Bertarikh 21 Ogos 2025
news of Swift & Kelce’s plans to tie the knot fil tered through to Flushing Meadows in New York. The 24-year-old world No.
2 from Poland – regarded as a favourite to win her second US Open title – is a famously devoted fan of Swift’s music, previously revealing that the US singer’s music helped her learn English and navi gate her adolescence. Swiatek also attended Swift’s money-spinning “Eras Tour” last year, attending a concert in Liverpool fol lowing her victory at the French Open – a win that earned her a handwritten
Name and address of Liquidator:-
The Official Receiver Malaysia Ketua Pengarah Insolvensi Cawangan Pulau Pinang Bangunan Persekutuan Pulau Pinang,
Iga Swiatek. – REUTERSPIC
Aras 9, Jalan Anson, 10400 Georgetown, Pulau Pinang.
Osaka out to recapture sparkle in New York TWICE former champion Naomi Osaka hopes being seeded at the US Open for the first time in four years will enhance her chances of recapturing her form of old on the biggest stage. entrance for her night session match, striding onto the Louis Armstrong Stadium court in a sparkly red outfit and shimmering rose hair accessories.
Dated this 18th day of June 2025.
T.T. ...................................................
Osaka, who broke the 106th-ranked Minnen three times in both sets. “It feels really good to have won quite a few matches against some really good players, especially on a surface that I love.” “So it does give me confidence coming into this tournament, but I also know a Grand Slam is a completely different beast, and there are so many different factors that come into play.” “Whenever I play here the atmosphere feels like home, and it is home for me,” added Osaka, who is seeded 23rd and will next face American Hailey Baptiste. – AFP
Messrs Low & Partners Advocates & Solicitors
No. 233-1, Jalan S2 B10, Uptown Avenue, 70300 Seremban 2, Negeri Sembilan. (Ref: LPS/CP/9918/11/2021/LSE) This NOTICE OF WINDING-UP ORDER is filed by Messrs. Low & Partners of No. 233-1,Jalan S2 B10, Uptown Avenue, 70300 Seremban 2, Negeri Sembilan. Tel:06-6012293 Fax:06-6013298 Email: hee@lowpartners.com.my Ref: LPS/CP/9918/11/2021/LSE
Attached to her bag was a shiny Labubu doll called “Billie Jean Bling” in honour of the tennis legend after whom the US Open venue is named. Following her run to the Montreal final earlier this month, Osaka is also back inside the world’s top 25 and showing glimpses of her best form. “It was the first round, and this tournament means a lot to me. I really wanted to win,“ said
Osaka, a winner in New York in 2018 and 2020, advanced to the second round yesterday with a 6-3, 6-4 win over Belgium’s Greet Minnen. Former world No. 1 Osaka has not gone beyond the last 32 of a Grand Slam since capturing the last of her four major titles at the 2021 Australian Open. But she made a splash with a glitzy
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker